Auction of Washington Wines Toasts Washington Wine with Annual Weekend of Events, August 15-17, 2019
Events Include a Winemaker Picnic, Exclusive Winemaker Dinners and a Formal Gala, All to Raise Funds for Seattle Children’s and Washington State University’s Viticulture and Enology Research
SEATTLE July 3, 2019
The Auction of Washington Wines announces its annual weekend of events, from August 15th-17th, celebrating the bounty of Washington wines – from Chardonnay to Cabernet Sauvignon. All events benefit Seattle Children’s and Washington State University’s Viticulture and Enology Research. The festivities begin with the Winemaker Picnic & Barrel Auction on Thursday, August 15. Raise a glass with Washington winemakers and sip on the state’s most exciting and desirable wines – more than 100 wines will be poured at this outdoor event held on the grounds of Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery. Then, on Friday, August 16, the Winemaker Dinners will give wine lovers the opportunity to dine at some of the Puget Sound’s most exclusive estates. Each dinner pairs award-winning local chefs with Washington winemakers. The weekend’s grand finale, The Gala, will feature an exciting live auction, ranked among 2018’s top three highest-earning charity wine auctions in the nation by Wine Spectator Magazine.
All events are 21+.
DETAILS: Thursday August 15 through Saturday, August 17, 2019
Winemaker Picnic & Barrel Auction
Thursday, August 15, 4:00 PM, Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery, Woodinville, Wash.
- What to expect:
- Mix and mingle with over 60 Washington winemakers and choose from more than 100 different wines to taste
- Guests will nosh on food from renowned Seattle area restaurateurs and chefs, including Tom Douglas of Etta’s, Lisa Nakamura of Gnocchi Bar, Lisa Dupar of Lisa Dupar Catering, Brian Gojdics of Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria, Kurt Beecher Dammeier of Beecher’s Cheese, Shawn Applin of RN74 Seattle and Ryan Donaldson of Gather Kitchen & Bar. Dessert from Molly Moon’s, Conversation, Trophy Cupcakes will round out the pairing offerings.
- The Barrel Auction allows guests a chance to taste barrel samples and be one of five winning bidders to secure a case of a future release wine prior to its release anywhere else.
- The Silent Auction will offer guests the chance to bid on an array of unique wine packages and experiences.
- Tickets: $150 per person – all-inclusive food and wine tasting with chances to bid on wines in the Barrel Auction.
- For a full list of winemakers who will be pouring at the Picnic, please visit https://auctionofwawines.org/events/the-wine-barrel-auction-picnic.
Friday, August 16, 6:30 PM – Various private estates throughout the Puget Sound
- What to expect: Enjoy a unique dining experience in an exclusive private home with breathtaking views, hosted by an all-star local chef and featuring hand-selected wine pairings poured by the Washington state winemakers who created them.
- Dinners include:
- DeLille Cellars & Quilceda Creek with Chef Jason Stoneburner of Stoneburner and Bastille at a private home in Queen Anne, Seattle
- Betz Family Winery and Long Shadows with Chef Jesus Boitres of El Gaucho at a private home in Gig Harbor, Wash.
- Sagemoor Vineyards and Sparkman Cellars with Chef Derek Simcik of Conversation and Thompson Seattle at a private home in Capitol Hill, Seattle
- Tickets: $500 per person – includes multi-course dinner from all-star chef with accompanying wine pairings poured by winemakers
- For a full list of the dinners, please visit https://auctionofwawines.org/events/winemaker-dinner-series/
Saturday, August 17, 4:00 PM, Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery, Woodinville, Wash.
- What to expect:
- The grand finale of the AWW weekend, The Gala will provide lovers of Washington wine ample opportunity to bid on uber-exclusive auction lots and packages – all while benefitting Seattle Children’s and Washington State University’s Viticulture and Enology research.
- Vintner table hosts will guide guests through the evening with wines paired with a multi-course dinner served by renowned Seattle area chefs. The evening is filled with one-of-a-kind auction lots focusing on wine, food, travel and unique experiences you can’t find anywhere else.
- Tickets – $500 per person. Includes multi-course dinner along with wine pairings served by a Washington state winemaker
PRICE: Cost range: $150 – $500 per person, depending on the event (full weekend packages are available at https://auctionofwawines.org/)
*50 percent of the retail ticket price is considered a donation to the beneficiaries and is tax deductible
About the Auction of Washington Wines
Since its inception in 1988, Auction of Washington Wines (AWW) has raised more than $46 million, benefiting Seattle Children’s and Washington State University Wine Science Research. Events hosted by AWW give wine lovers the chance to support the Washington state wine industry and families around the region. The annual Auction of Washington Wines weekend will take place August 15-17, 2019. Major sponsors include Wells Fargo, CenturyLink, Chateau Ste. Michelle, The John L. Scott Foundation, King 5, The Seattle Times and Wine Spectator Magazine. AWW was ranked among 2018’s top three highest-earning charity wine auctions in the nation by Wine Spectator Magazine. For more information, visit www.AuctionofWaWines.org or follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The Fearey Group for Auction of Washington Wines
firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 343-1543 office