AUCTION OF WASHINGTON WINES ANNOUNCES 2023 TOAST! HONOREES
Ten Award Recipients to be Honored at TOAST! Celebration
on August 10 at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery
Seattle, Wash. (July 13, 2023) — The Auction of Washington Wines is excited to announce the honorees for the second annual TOAST! Awards. These prominent leaders in the Washington wine industry will be honored at the TOAST! celebration on Thursday, August 10 at Chateau Ste Michelle Winery in Woodinville and is presented by Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
The Auction of Washington Wines’ TOAST! awards were originated in 2022 to honor influential members of the Washington wine industry, including established industry luminaries and emerging and diverse leaders who are paving the way for the industry to continue to grow. The TOAST! honoree celebration will include award presentations and toasts, along with a four-course dinner from El Gaucho as well as an array of Washington wine.
Tickets and information are available at https://auctionofwawines.org/events/toast/.
The honorees recognized this year were chosen through an inclusive nomination process, with an industry peer committee reviewing submissions and making final determinations. The full list of recipients includes:
- Lifetime Achievement award, recognizing an individual whose extraordinary dedication, inspiration, and advocacy for the Washington wine community spans 25+ years in the industry: Ted Baseler, Emeritus President and CEO of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
- Award of Distinction, recognizing a winery, grower representative, or industry professional whose achievements have advanced the caliber of the Washington wine industry: Marty Clubb, L’Ecole No 41
- Healthy Land, Healthy Communities award, for commitment to addressing today’s environmental challenges and developing equitable, viable, and responsible solutions: Hedges Family Estate
- Emerging Leader award, for individuals whose contribution, service, or involvement are creating the pathway and/or vision for the future:
- Rebecca De Kleine, Four Feathers Wine Estates
- Devyani Isabel Gupta, Valdemar Estates
- Michelle Moyer, WSU Professor in Viticulture & Enology Department
- Ashley Trout, Vital Wines, Brook & Bull Cellars
- Vine to Wine award, for an individual who is hands-on in the vineyard, including leading or collaborating with peers: Eduardo Zaragoza, Shaw Vineyards
- Wine Industry Champion award, for non-industry professionals whose cooperative support has positively influenced the success of the Washington wine industry: Andy Perdue, Great Northwest Wine
- Auction of Washington Wines Star award, for a donor, organization, or individual whose commitment significantly advanced AWW’s mission of uplifting the Washington wine industry and supporting the community: Gary McLean, GMMD Consulting
“We are thrilled to honor these exceptional individuals who have made significant contributions to the Washington wine industry,” said Jamie Peha, executive director for The Auction of Washington Wines. “Their dedication, innovation, and passion have helped shape the success and reputation of our region’s wines. We look forward to honoring their achievements at TOAST! on August 10.”
TOAST! attendees will also hear from the 2023 Auction of Washington Wines honorary chair Annette Alvarez-Peters, Master of Wine, Bob Betz, and the Auction’s honorary vintners, Ben Smith and Gaye McNutt, and honorary grower, Miguel Rodriguez.
Limited seats are available to attend TOAST!. Learn more and secure your seats today at https://auctionofwawines.org/events/toast/.
ABOUT AUCTION OF WASHINGTON WINES
The Auction of Washington Wines supports the growth and raises awareness of the Washington wine industry while benefiting the greater community through fundraising events. The auction has raised more than $59 million since its inception in 1988. Washington’s premier wine auction uplifts the state’s wine industry and raises funds for Seattle Children’s, Washington State University’s Viticulture and Enology Department, and Vital Wines, a nonprofit winery that provides much needed medical care to vineyard workers. Key supporters for 2023 include John L. Scott Foundation, Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, the Seattle Times, and PNC Bank. For more information visit auctionofwawines.org.