ABOUT THE AUCTION OF WASHINGTON WINES
The Northwest Wine Benefit Foundation, dba the Auction of Washington Wines (AWW), has a mission to support the awareness and growth of the Washington wine industry through a series of celebrated events that benefit the community.
Since our inception in 1988, AWW has raised more than $54 million in support of our beneficiaries – Seattle Children’s Hospital, the Viticulture & Enology Program at Washington State University, and organizations supporting the wine industry through the Industry Grant Program. The Auction of Washington Wines is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.
AWW’s Strategic Priorities are to Build Diverse and Loyal Community of Consumers, Increase Value to All Industry Partners, and Strengthen Organizational Capacity. AWW is seeking candidates who embrace our values to put relationships first; create memorable, joyful experiences; celebrate generosity; work towards a diverse and inclusive community; strive for excellence and embrace learning; and be open to change.
Are you a marketing professional who understands how to create and leverage an integrated marketing plan to rally people around great causes? Are you a driven communicator who is excited to share information with a carefully curated audience in a creative and engaging way? Are you a detail-oriented communicator who has the chops to single-handedly serve as the entire marketing department on a small but mighty team, especially when budgets are limited, and meaningful partnerships are key? Bonus if you love Washington wine and have a passion for serving your community!
The AWW Marketing Manager (MM) is a multi-faceted position and is responsible for creating and implementing clear, engaging, and effective advertising and marketing campaigns designed to raise awareness, help reach fundraising goals, and drive event ticket sales.
The ideal candidate will have high energy and exceptional communication skills, have great attention to detail and the ability to complete their workload in a timely manner. Additionally, the candidate will be able to manage multiple tasks through the implementation of organized and efficient processes. They are responsible for working collaboratively with all AWW staff and year-round contractors as needed.
• Develop annual Marketing Plan outlining objectives, strategies, target audience, tactics, and metrics, including individual plans for marketing events aside from the annual August Gala events (e.g. Bid for Bottles, Winemaker Dinners, Eastern Washington Events, Private Barrel Auction) as well as promote key auction lots.
• Work in partnership with management to develop of annual themes, creative, and messaging.
• Develop and execute media plans, including negotiation of all “in-kind” media, advertising contracts, and ad trafficking.
• Work with leadership to manage PR and Design Firm relationships.
• Responsible for year-round website updates, newsletter communications, social media design and content management.
• Create and/or edit copy for all promotional and marketing materials including, but not limited to press releases, website, newsletters, gala catalog, Seattle Times Special Section, etc.
• Create and/or edit copy and speaking points for all organizational communications – internal (employee handbooks, onboarding materials, board communications, etc.) and external (ED communications, media appearances, donor letters, etc.)
• Responsible for all print and electronic assets including posters, save the date mailing, Gala invitations, Gala Catalog, Marketing Toolkits for wineries, etc.
• Management of AWW physical mailings ensuring adequate indicia balance, correct mailing list, and lettershop oversight.
• Hire and manage event photographers, provide shot lists, and catalog photos for year-round use.
• Contribute to the success of the AWW events through team collaboration.
• Document instructions and details of procedures for future use.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum five years of relevant work experience in the field and an additional two years of relevant academic or work experience, or degree in marketing and communications.
• Must have strong knowledge of basic marketing principals including audience development and targeting, message development, and integrated marketing.
• Must have strong project management, negotiation, and budget management skills.
• Working knowledge of WordPress, Campaign Monitor (or comparable newsletter program), and social media platforms (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, required.)
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Some related experience in wine, fundraising, administrative duties is desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor to deal with a wide variety of people at all levels.
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where flexibility, prioritization, and diplomacy are necessary.
• Proven track record in maintaining composure and focus in a busy office setting with frequent interruptions (phone calls, walk-in traffic) and medium to low noise levels.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service always; to work independently and make sound decisions; to manage multiple priorities and prioritize; to maintain confidentiality; and to contribute to a strong team environment where colleagues respect and support one another.
• Must be a self-starter, yet willing to ask for help and guidance and seek constructive feedback.
• Attention to detail is imperative.
• Must be of legal drinking age as of date of hire.
• Currently remote, but once it is safe to do so, in-person office work will be required.
• Frequent standing, walking, and sitting.
• Must be able to lift a case of wine, approximately 40 pounds.
• Able to work regular standard and non-standard business hours and occasional nights and weekends when necessary.
• Must be able to work at computer or desk area for extended periods of time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Salary: $65,000 – 70,000
• 128 hours PTO/year, 12 paid holidays/year
• 80% medical, dental, vision, up to $500/month
• 401k plan with employee matching
Employment with AWW will be in accordance with our “At-Will” policy. This means that just as you may leave your position with the Company at any time the Company may terminate your employment at any time.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete nor permanent and that it may be modified at any time. This job description does not create a contract of employment it is simply an outline of expected duties for the position.
2200 6th Ave Suite 411
Seattle, WA 98121
The Auction of Washington Wines is committed to supporting the growth and awareness of the Washington state wine industry through a series of celebrated events benefiting the community.