REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The DOE is an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with ability to manage all aspects of the AWW events and operations. The DOE will work directly with the executive director to ensure all events reach revenue goals and stay within expense expectations. In addition, the DOE will work with individuals in the wine industry and collaborate with the AWW Board, Co-Chairs, beneficiary staff and volunteers.
* With the executive director, establish overall event goals, strategy and budgets for events from 20 to 1500 attendees. Track and report progress over the year
* Oversee event execution including negotiation with contractors and vendors and managing financial, legal and licensing responsibilities
* Oversee corporate sponsorship program assisting in developing new and maintaining current sponsors
* Oversee winery relations, outreach and fulfillment of auction lots
* Oversee live auction procurement working with the board, co-chairs, and AWW team members
* Oversee Gala event production and execution, serving as lead for the event
* With Seattle Children’s Hospital team, assemble and direct volunteer teams as needed
* Maintain community visibility by attending industry and community events. Meet and steward current and new prospects, partners, wineries and sponsors.
* Wine industry knowledge is desirable
* Bachelor’s degree is preferred
* 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in event operations and management including producing large events of over 800 people
* Proven track record of successfully managing budgets and meeting financial goals
* Proven track record of recruiting and managing staff and volunteers
* Ability to clearly communicate (written and spoken)
* Ability to creatively develop and drive ideas from conception to reality
* Ability to balance, prioritize and perform multiple tasks with varying levels of urgency
* Team-oriented, able to work with different personalities and coach people toward goals
* Able to work standard office hours with occasional nights and weekends when necessary
* Valid US driver license, car and insurance coverage
* Must be able to lift and carry one case of wine, or the equivalent of 40 lbs
* Dynamic, self-motivated, positive, flexible, outgoing, “can-do” personality a must
* Demonstrated ability to establish relationships with donors, patrons, clients, corporations, etc.
Salary: Depends upon experience
Benefits: Medical, 401K, 12 paid holidays, paid time off, access to wine related events
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify Director of Operations and Events in the message subject line. In your cover letter please tell us how your specific experiences and accomplishments match our needs and mission. We will contact qualified applicants. Deadline for submission is November 16th, 2018.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills.
AWW provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected under city, state or federal law.
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The Agency shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
1201 Western Avenue, Ste. 450
Seattle, WA 98101
The Auction of Washington Wines is committed to supporting the growth and global awareness of the Washington State wine industry through a series of celebrated events.
Photos courtesy of Duval Images & Curbow Photo
© 2008-2018 Auction of Washington Wines